The United Colors of the Rainbow

It's cool. It's colorful. It's unique. It's the rainbow.

Not many know the story of the rainbow. Some say it is the result of image reflection -- the sun beans going through the rain drops... and so they form together a bow. How can this be possible?

Well.... I recently saw a commercial about some candies and they were using 3 guys that were standing on a "created" rainbow; suddenly one of the 3 guys thinks it is just something imaginary, and then the rainbow from beneath him breaks and he falls. The other 2 were looking at each other. I didn't understand the commercial, it was just reffering to some colorful candies. That's all.

The actual story of the rainbow comes from the Bible, from Noah's time, in Genesis 9, you can find the full text here.The rainbow, as the Bible describes it, is a sign, an eternal sign, between God and all living creatures, the whole earth.

12 And God said, "This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: 13 I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. 14 Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, 15 I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. 16 Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth."
 17 So God said to Noah, "This is the sign of the covenant I have established between me and all life on the earth." (Genesis 9:12-17, NIV)

 I still don't understand why people misuse this sign. They analyzed and colors and say that they all mean something. What a joke. They can create a reflection of the rainbow with a glass and the sun, or even some light. What a joke again. Can they remind God of this covenant? Will they ever think of this as I am thinking of it --- the Bible way, the Bible history and origin of the rainbow? If not, why use the rainbow in vain?

Well, first of all, the rainbow is nice. If it were to be a terrible sign people won't have used it in commercials, materials, cosmetics, books, clothing, etc. Secondly, its colors are light and not darkened --- which tells me it is something nice again. That's because I don't happen to like dark colors...


Thirdly, the rainbow has a special shape, it's like a bow EVERY TIME. It doesn't have other shapes. It's always like this. It's like a protection shield, or like a reflection of a smile in the rain drops. Has anyone wondered why is that? I don't know. I didn't like physics when I was in school. All I know is that it is a sign that God gave to Noah, and the generations to come after him, that reminds God of His covenant. I don't find in the Bible any other visible sign that would tell or remind God of something. The cross sign that people make when they are in front of an Orthodox church is not a sign to God. Not even the hands of someone that prays, and thinks that hands' posture will represent or impress God. The circumcision is not a visible sign to God either. The rainbow is unique in all it's ways.

It has 7 colors. No wonder why people - the numerologists - consider number 7 as the number of perfection. I don't believe in numbers. I think this is an exaggeration to say that the 7 colors in the rainbow represent "perfection". People tend to use the numbers in the Bible writings and call out something from them. I never read in my Bible that God had said we are to do some kind of interpretation of the numbers - and of the colors, in the case of the rainbow.

Here is a quote from the Wikipedia, about the rainbow:


Rainbow-diagram-ROYGBIV.svgA rainbow is an optical and meteorological phenomenon that causes a spectrum of light to appear in the sky when the Sun shines onto droplets of moisture in the Earth's atmosphere. They take the form of a multicoloured arc, with red on the outer part of the arch and violet on the inner section of the arch.
A rainbow spans a continuous spectrum of colours; the discrete bands are an artefact of human colour vision. The most commonly cited and remembered sequence, in English, is Newton's sevenfold red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet (popularly memorized by mnemonics like Roy G. Biv). Rainbows can be caused by other forms of water than rain, including mist, spray, and dew.  (source)

I don't impose my "color interpretation prohibition" on anyone, you are free to say whatever you wish of the colors of the rainbow. As long as you say something nice about it, it's OK. :)

What is the rainbow of God for you? Has God given you a sign to remind you or Him of something specific in your life? Has God brought into your life something like a major change and then had given you a sign to remind you of that?

I met many people that had received a word from the Lord, but none had received the rainbow as a sign. Or at least I had not met that person yet. If you know anyone that can prove this, please let me know. I mean if he/she can prove it with facts, not just with words.


Do the colors of the rainbow represent anything to us, the modern era people? If you are curios to find more info about the rainbow, please consult the quoted sources above. I believe that the rainbow stands as a sign to the whole earth, not to me personally. It tells me that the rain is over and the sun is shining again, that the storm is over and that something better is about to happen. It does not have anything mystical or magical in it. It's just a big stripe with different colors, united in a bow, but not inter-united with themselves, that reflect an eternal fact: God made this one too. :)

God bless you all!




Niciun comentariu:

Disclaimer:
Comentariile cu conținut off-topic, cu tentă de jignire, amenințare, ofensatoare, injurii, sau cuvinte porcoase/profane sunt șterse automat. Comentați doar dacă ceea ce aveți de spus este relevant și aduce discuții/subiecte noi. Comentariile cu pseudonime sunt "by default" sterse. Comentariile cu link-uri sunt moderate pe Disqus, pe Blogger, sterse. Daca doriti sa faceti publicitate la un site, rog sa ma contactati pentru o cotatie de pret, rezolvam. :)

Un produs Blogger.